Sales and Customer Engagement Officer
About this position
Lismore City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Full-time: 70 hour fortnight
Salary: $1,053.00 (Grade 9 Entry) to $1,210.95 (Grade 9 Step 4) per week plus superannuation
Closing date: Monday, 16 October 2017 @ 4.00pm
Contact: Danielle Hanigan, Business Development Coordinator on 0409 229 427
- No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's eRecruitment portal.
- We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline.
We are looking for a dynamic person to join our team as the Sales and Customer Engagement Officer for the Commercial Services arm of Lismore City Council.
We offer a wide range of services and products through our many departments – our award-winning waste and recycling service, quarry operations, Lismore Airport, Memorial Gardens and Crematorium.
What we need is a marketing guru who can sell our stuff to the world. Our products and services are getting more sophisticated all the time and we need a sales and marketing whiz to grow our market and grow their value.
We want a doer and a person willing to work hard and get the best results for our community. All our profits go back into developing new initiatives and projects for our residents. The bottom line is, we want to improve our bottom line and do more great things for Lismore.
In return for your skill and enthusiasm, you will have the autonomy to shape the role and the processes around you. We don’t want the status quo – we want someone who will challenge us and find new and better ways of doing things.
We offer great conditions and our community is unlike any other – you can build a beautiful life and a great career in this region.
The Northern Rivers offers an enviable lifestyle – close to beaches, beautiful rainforests and quaint villages, but with all services you would expect from a regional city. We’re just 45 minutes from Byron Bay and only two and a half hours from Brisbane.
Responsibilities and duties:
Full position description here
The right person for this role will be self-motivated, proactive, observant and aware
- They will have a clear understanding of sales and marketing activities in a commercial environment
- They will be a good, positive communicator, a good listener and will welcome and provide opportunities for input from all members of the team
- They will be an advocate for change
- They will embody Council’s values
What we need from you:
- Demonstrated experience in a marketing and sales environment
- Proven results in delivering sales activities and ability to generate maximum revenue for Council
- Computer skills relevant to the requirements of the role, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
You will be asked a question about our values in the online application form. You can find more detailed information on our values on our eRecruitment portal.
Our values were created as part of a consultative ‘Values Project’ involving staff across the organisation. Our values are to respect, to strive, to be passionate and to communicate. We expect anyone who applies for a job with us to be aligned with these values. Our catchphrase is 'Values begins with a V but start with you.’ We want our organisation to be full of talented people who believe in our values.