Trainee IT Support Officer
About this position
Lismore City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Full-time: 70 hours per fortnight
Salary: The salary will be aligned to the Trainees Rates of Pay as outlined below plus super
Closing date: Friday, 20 October 2017 @ 4.00pm
Contact: Darryl Gollan, IT Projects and Strategy Coordinator on (02) 6625 0584.
- No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's eRecruitment portal.
- We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the 20 October, 4.00pm deadline.
- The Traineeship Term is for a period of up to 24 months.
- To undertake and successfully complete Certificate III in Information, Digital media Technology in conjunction with on the job training undertaking the duties associated with IT Helpdesk support activities and to actively participate within the team.
- To provide first level support to users of the Councils Information Services environment, including business applications, desktop computers, peripherals, mobile devices (tablets & smartphones) and the communications network.
- To perform regular operational tasks to ensure the provision of an efficient, reliable and stable information technology environment within Lismore City Council.
- Assist in administrative functions such as ordering and maintaining documentation.
Please note: The traineeship is aimed at unskilled and unqualified applicants who have not formally completed a Certificate level lll, equivalent or above. Those with Certificate level lll, equivalent or above are not eligible for this Traineeship.
Full position description here
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Local Government (State) Award - Trainee Rates of Pay:
Rate Per Week
T2 at 16 years of age or School Certificate
T3 at 17 years of age
T4 at 18 years of age or over or HSC
The names and contact numbers of two referees will form part of the recruitment process.
Completion of a Confidential Medical Statement and Drug Testing.
You will be asked a question about our values in the online application form. You can find more detailed information on our values on our eRecruitment portal.
Our values were created as part of a consultative ‘Values Project’ involving staff across the organisation. Our values are to respect, to strive, to be passionate and to communicate. We expect anyone who applies for a job with us to be aligned with these values. Our catchphrase is 'Values begins with a V but start with you.’ We want our organisation to be full of talented people who believe in our values.