Team Leader Road Construction and Maintenance
Lismore City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
We offer great conditions and our community is unlike any other – you can build a beautiful life and a great career in this region. Lismore is the heart of the area, with all services you would expect from a regional city. We’re just 45 minutes from Byron Bay and only two and a half hours from Brisbane. With its outstanding natural beauty, subtropical climate, a diverse and colourful community, close proximity to some of Australia's best beaches, a major regional hospital, quality schools and a bustling retail and cultural precinct, Lismore is an enviable place to work and call home.
About this position
Full-time: 76 hour fortnight
Salary: $1,1091.90 (Grade 10 Entry) to $1,255.69 (Grade 10 Step 4) per week + super
Closing date: Monday, 5 March 2018 @ 4:00pm
Contact: Jamie Davis, Coordinator State Roads on 0427 135 335
- No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's eRecruitment portal.
- We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline.
This position plays a vital role in supporting the Coordinator Roads Capital in leading a team of operational staff and contractors to deliver the programs of works for Infrastructure Capital.
Full Position Description here
The right person for this role will:
- Be Self-motivated, proactive, observant and aware
- Be a team player
- Embody Council’s values
- Be ever alert toward maintaining and improving workplace safety for themselves and their team
Conditions of Employment:
Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
A Pre-Placement Health Assessment shall be conducted prior to any offer of appointment and as part of the pre-placement health assessment candidates will be required to undertake a drug test. Other screening processes appropriate to the role will be conducted including referee checking.
What do we need from you:
- Experience in leading a team of operational staff in a civil construction environment
- Certificate 111 in Civil Construction or similar
- Drivers licence Class LR
- WorkCover General Construction Induction Certificate
- A person with high respect for safety standards and quality assured works
These were created as part of a consultative ‘Values Project’ involving staff across the whole organisation.
Our values are to respect, to strive, to be passionate and to communicate. We expect anyone who applies for a job with us to be aligned with these values. Our catchphrase is 'Values begin with a V but start with you.’ We want our organisation to be full of talented people who believe in the values we do.